Sachin Tendulkar-The first
batsman to score 10,000 runs in one-day cricket, making the record in
the third game of a five-match series against Australia on the 31st
of March 2001. He reached the landmark when he scored 34 runs in his
266th match and 259th innings.
27, in his amazing 12-year career, has scored a world record 28 hundreds
and 50 half-centuries in his 10,000 runs.
genius without a doubt, this little master made his International debut
in ODIís and Tests at the age of 16 against Pakistan against the fiery
pace of Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis. He then went to England as a part
of the national side, and has not looked back ever since. The name
itself strikes terror in the hearts of bowlers all around the world.
Hailed as the next master-blaster following the legacy of the great
West Indian Vivian Richards, this man has every shot in the book, and
can kill any attack in the world when in full swing. There is nothing
this man cannot do.
In batting, he has reached a stage that others can only dream of. He
has destroyed practically every bowling attack in the world. Tendulkar's
'specialties' include the straight drive (seemingly nobody plays the
shot better than him), the cover drive, the square cut, the pullshot
over midwicket/square leg, the delicate leg glance, the late cut, the
lofted shots over mid-on and mid-off and not to mention the improvisations
he keeps coming up with, time and again. He has tremendous power in
his forearms and can hit the ball out of almost every ground in the
World. He plays each of his shots amazingly and has even employed the
reverse sweep to good effect. Some of his shots are hit with so much
power that the ball simply rockets to the fence as if he was trying
to dismiss the ball from his presence. On the other hand, some of his
shots are neatly timed and placed well. His timing can be quite exquisite
and it is this blend of timing and raw power which makes him the world's
best/greatest batsman. Mentally very strong, Tendulkar is best when
confronted by a challenge.
remarkable achievements of his career are:
* 4th highest tally of runs in test cricket
(10,134) at an outstanding average of 57.25 (highest among those who
have scored over 8,500 test runs) as of March 2005
* Most runs (over 13642) and centuries (38) in one-day internationals
* Only person to have scored over 11,000 ODI runs and over 25 ODI centuries
as of April 28, 2005
* Highest ODI batting average among Indian batsmen and among all batsmen
who have scored over 7,500 ODI runs (as of April 3, 2005)
* Most Number of Man of the Matches in one-day internationals
* Only player to have over 100 innings of 50+ runs in ODIs as of April
* Most Number of Runs in World Cup Cricket History
* First cricketer to cross 10,000-run mark in ODIs
* Has equalled Sunil Gavaskar's record of 34 test centuries.
* Among those who have played over 100 test matches, he is the only
one with a batting average above 55.
* Only second Indian to cross 10,000 runs in Test matches.
* He has the most centuries in ODI cricket against Australia, South
Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe.
* He is the fastest to score 10,000 runs in test cricket history. He
holds this record along with Brian Lara. Both of them achieved this
feat in 195 innings.
* To go with this he has 34 hundreds in Test cricket at an average of
57. An average above 50 distinguishes a batsman as an all time great.
* Highest individual score in ODIs among Indian batsmen (186* against
New Zealand at Hyderabad in 1999)
While his batting ranks him among the best in
the world, he is also a part-time bowler and has played a crucial role
as a leg spinner or a medium pace bowler who tends to break partnerships.
He has more than a hundred wickets in ODIs and 35 in tests, though his
bowling averages are above 40. He continues to perform well under the
massive weight of expectation of hundreds of millions of cricket followers,
in India and around the world, and most recently was named Player Of
The Tournament in the 2003 Cricket World Cup.
Sachin is the first batsman to be declared run out by third umpire in
1992 in South Africa.
Get www.learnalanguage.com demos for http://www.jacketsvision.com/deal/ladies-leather-jackets.html and http://www.leather4sure.com/leather-pants-2.html with 100% guaranteed success. Our best quality http://www.leather4sure.com/biker-motorcycle-jackets-2.html prepares you well before appearing in the final exams of http://www.nowleather.co.uk/c/bomber-jacket.html.